Tuesday 17 September 2013

U.N.I.V.E.R.S.A.L

We finally made it out of the Disney bubble.
Admittedly we did just visit another theme park... but baby steps friends.

Thursday was Struan's birthday and to celebrate Claire, Struan and myself went a visited Universal Studios, where we had one of the best days of my life!

The very first thing we did? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter of course!! Where else?

Childhood dream come true. Right here. I may or may not have cried like a baby as soon as I got inside the castle. And then proceeded to go on the ride three times. It was the best thing EVER!

My lovely friends decided to document my minor geek out... Pure happiness...

I loved Universal, the rides are amazing and so much fun, a lot more intense than the ones we have here at Disney. But apart from Harry Potter, where I'm pretty sure I left a piece of my soul, Disney has my heart! We pull off atmosphere and experience a lot better than Universal does. We just need some bigger rides to even that playing field!

I purchased my Annual Pass, so I can visit Harry Potter and geek out whenever my heart desires!

Now for photos... All of the photos!
Welcome to Islands of Adventure!

Be still my heart!

The wise old sorting hat. It talks to you as you pass

The Triwizard Cup!

Secret staircase to Dumbledore's office!

Hogwarts here we come!!

Lunch at the Three Broomsticks. And my first ever Butterbeer!!

For me this took up my mind for most of the day. I enjoyed the other rides, especially The Hulk, The Mummy, the Spiderman ride, and the Transformers one. But my one true love was the Wizarding World.

I did moentarily geek out over the car from The Walking Dead however! There is a lot more exploring to do at Universal, and I have a whole year to do it! Bring it on!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

All i read was harry potter ride, skipped the rest of the post and had to come say BEST RIDE EVER! I rode it 4 times when i was there and i actually miss it and wish there was one here to ride! ALSO, i love butter beer. That is all.
:)
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...