Sunday 4 August 2013

16 Hours and a Meltdown Later...

I am currently sitting in LAX completely exhausted and more freaked out than I have ever been in my life. 

You guys, LAX is confusing. 
Auckland airport is tiny and easy to navigate, clearly signposted, and everything you could want. 

LAX is huge, hard to navigate and we had no idea where to go or what to do. After asking about 50 different people, and having a minor breakdown on the phone with our mums, we are sitting by the gate for our next flight and waiting to head to Orlando.

Up until now it hadn't hit me how real it was. Even getting off the plane, it felt like we were just going to be back in Auckland with our families. But after trying to figure out this airport. It's real. I'm not going home for a year. I know I should be excited, but I'm too tired for that yet. I think that will hit when we check in at Disney with everyone around us, and are no longer doing it on our own

But the adventure has begun. Here we go...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

YAY!! We must get together when you finally get to Orlando! :)

Kathleen said...

Travel safe! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...