Friday 10 August 2012

Wacky Theatre Antics...

You may or may not know but I am not only a film geek Screen Media major, but I also dabble in a bit of Theatre Studies as my minor. And I just had to fill you in a little on what we have been doing recently in my class. Cause its pretty ridiculous!

So for my current paper we have to devise our own play to perform at the end of the semester. Ok doesn't sound too bad right? On top of that we are doing absurd theatre, so basically it has to be entertaining but not make much sense... 

So my lecturer has decided the best way for us to come up with a brilliant, entertaining, ground breaking piece of absurd theatre is to do crazy warm-ups at the start of class, then write how we felt about each weird little thing.  

I feel like we look like this ALL the time!
via

And boy are they weird! So far we have practised walking in front of each other, held each others ankles and shuffled around on the floor, wrapped people up as mummies, pretended to be magnets and attached ourselves to other people, made magazines flap around like birds, done 80's aerobics, practised stretching our voices (involves a lot of weird sighing and mouthing like an idiot) and acting a 24 hour day in 2 minutes. I never know what to expect! I have come home with bruises on my knees and arms from falling on the ground and crawling around the floor. 
Its definitely absurd.

Yup we have done this one too...
via

But I love it! All I know is we are 5 weeks in and haven't started writing the play itself...
It is going to be an interesting semester...
xx

6 comments:

AnchorsandHoney said...

Hi there! I'm following you from the Return the Favor blog hop. Stop by and visit soon.
xo Sandra
redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

BA said...

This does sound absurd but also amazing fun! Good luck with starting the play, the beginning is always the worst bit of any assignment xxx

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun. Good luck with writing the play

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

this sounds like SO much fun!!! I took drama classes throughout school. I loved it! Good luck with the play writing! Happy Friday! xo Kelly


PS. Come & Enter the Group Giveaway I have going on - $50 to Starbucks, Nail Polish, Ad Space & Hair Products!

Ashley Kelly said...

I'm a theatre geek too!!! Majoring in Theatre Education! We've done the strangest things in my classes... we theatre people are strange. True story.

Newest follower! I would love it if you dropped by and said hello :)
Of Thoughts and Things

Hima said...

Um, I have I feeling I would LOVE that class! I can't act for my life though, I just stick to being me! :)

New Follower, would love the follow back!

<3Hima
My Musings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...