Thursday 5 July 2012

The Stupidity of Others...

*All opinions are my own and I do not mean to offend anyone by sharing them*

Ok can we talk about this story guys? I'm gonna rant now...

I saw the trailer for a movie called Compliance while I was browsing the internet (as you do) and thought it looked interesting, so I watched it, and it intrigued me.

The films description is: "When a prank caller convinces a fast food restaurant manager to interrogate an innocent young employee, no one is left unharmed. Based on true events"


So, being as curious as I am I looked into the true story behind the film and I found this video showing the live footage of the incident and the interviews with the people involved. Basically what happened was...

A McDonalds Manager that holds an employee hostage in a back room after a Police Officer calls the store and accuses the female teenage employee of stealing money from the cash till. The situation quickly escalates as the police officer orders the Manager to strip search the girl and leave her naked in the back room. This continues as the guy demands someone else to watch the girl, humiliating her and forcing her to complete sexual acts.

And I could not believe it. Seriously. How thick can you get? No police officer would EVER ask someone to do something like that?! Especially not for over 3 hours!! I really don't understand what was going through that womans mind when she saw what was happening to that poor girl. It made me furious!

What do you guys think? The film being released has raised many questions, like "What would you do in this situation" But seriously, I don't think I would ever be in this situation. Maybe I am too cynical, or have seen too many movies, but if someone called me saying they were a police officer and to strip search my employee I would immediately smell a rat. Wouldn't you?

Ok rant over.
xx

9 comments:

Megan O. said...

psh. I'm right there with you, but I've realized many times that I give other people to much credit. As sad as that is to say there are many people out there that are 1) naive, 2)illogical, 3)cruel, and 4) just plain old dumb. Of course that's not everyone out there, but I think sometimes it'd be surprising how many people out there would actually fall for this. That poor girl :(

Jamie said...

Ugh, yeah. I am a totally cynical like that too.

Sammantha said...

OH MY GOSH. I just watched those two videos and I am honestly floored. Like, there are no words for me right now. So I'm gonna sit on that for a while. Anyways- I love your blog!

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Unknown said...

wow.

visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

have a great weekend!

The Pretty Pinhead said...

I remember reading about this. Don't some things just amaze you??? Seriously.

Just found your blog on the GFC Link Party. New Follower :)

Join my "All Things Pretty" Blog Hop!

Sinead said...

Its mind boggling right?! I couldn't believe it when I found out!

Sinead said...

I would questions it straight away! You would think most people would...

Sinead said...

Thats exactly how I felt! I saw them and was like, right need to rant! And thanks so much!

Sinead said...

It really does, some people are so thick, crazy! And thanks for visiting :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...